Those of you who have read any of my e books or posts would know that one of the essential tips to preparing your house well for sale is clean clean clean and clean. But equally as important is what you do with that space after you have cleaned it within an inch of it life. Being a working mum of soon to be four children I know that the laundry room is one that certainly suffers and it hard to keep in order, let alone clean and smelling fresh or inviting.
It is usually the home of wet gear and smell rugby boots. If you are going to be living in a the property whilst you sell it, it is very important to not undo all your good cleaning work and have some strategies in place to keep the sparkle and freshness in every room. Below are some sure fire tips to maintaining a presentable laundry during the sale period.
1. Don’t let your laundry pile up, do a little a day and keep on toip of it so that you can be ready for a property inspection at a minutes notice if needs be
2. Leave the laundry powder out on the bench or machine between open home inspections this will help give the room that lovely fresh fragrance.
3. Keep mould at may by leaving the lid on the washer up or door open between washes. This will also ensure that no damp smells creep in.
4. Have a basket in the laundry for socks that have lost their other partner. This will not only mean that there is one place for everyone to look, it also means that they will not end up left out and floating around the laundry
5. Make some money! Have a jar in the laundry for all the loose change that should have been removed from pockets before it made the laundry basket. You can also have a similar jar for all the knick knacks that often call the laundry bench home for weeks after they are saved from being washed up in someones pocket
Subscribe to SILK’s newsletter and have it delivered straight to your inbox enter you details below.